A twin structure that helps rabbits
Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWA&F)
The RWA&F can be thought of as a ‘club’ for anyone interested in pet rabbits and includes a subscription to Rabbiting On, our quarterly magazine. The RWA&F is a not for profit organsiation – any surplus funds are channelled into our welfare work and administration costs are kept as low as possible.
The RWA&F is a Private Limited Company by guarantee without share capital. (#10044925)
Rabbit Welfare Fund (RWF)
The RWF is a registered charity (#1167093) with the aim of improving the health and welfare of domestic rabbits in the UK. Both educational efforts and campaigning are channelled through the RWF. This charitable status means that donations to the fund are eligible for Gift Aid.
Despite being formed of two separate bodies, we tend to talk about the organisation as a single entity – the RWAF.
Objectives of the RWAF
To improve the care of pet rabbits in the UK by:
- encouraging people to keep companion rabbits in conditions that meet their physical and behavioural needs
- educating the public in the care and ownership of companion rabbits in Britain
- working with the pet retail industry to ensure products sold for rabbits satisfy their welfare and behavioural needs, and that correct care information is given to customers so they can meet their rabbits’ needs.
- working with veterinary professionals to help advance their knowledge of rabbit medicine and treatment
- supporting rabbit rescue.
- supporting or conducting studies to promote improvements in rabbit health and welfare
Mission of the RWAF
The Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund aims to improve the quality of life of pet rabbits in the UK.
The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund is run almost entirely by a small team. All rabbit lovers are welcome to join us, whatever their political persuasion! We believe in building bridges not walls and we always put rabbit welfare first.
If you love rabbits you’ll love Rabbiting On!
Rabbiting On magazine is our fantastic glossy magazine about our favourite pets. Members receive a copy every quarter.
The Rabbit Welfare Fund’s original charity registration gives our accounts up to and including 2016.
Our newer registration as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation provides us with a firmer footing for our campaigning work and will show accounts from 2017 onwards.